Budget Tracker

Budget Tracker

Monday, August 18, 2014

From Paul...dictated by Randal

My study of the Apostle Paul the past couple of weeks has brought several thoughts. Paul is known as one of the greatest men in the history of the church. His personal experience with the Lord was life changing at the least. However, I found there are some similarities between Paul's life and my own that the Lord revealed to me while I was studying that are worth sharing. 

There have been various times that I have questioned "Can God use me as a missionary?, Am I even qualified?" Another battle I face from the enemy is the reminder of my age. It was these questions and thoughts that the Lord brought such encouragement from studying Paul. Here are just a few comparisons that the Lord showed me from reading about his life and qualifications to be a missionary:

Both the Apostle Paul and myself...

  • were over 40 years of age on our first missionary journey
  • were a believer for at least 10 years before our first missionary journey
  • were called by God
  • were given great grace
  • were given a thorn in the flesh that kept us humble (If you're unfamiliar with me, I lost my right hand in a tragic accident at the age of 10)
  • have a great love for people
  • were filled with the Spirit
  • have a heart of a servant
  • known to be diligent and persevered to run the race
  • Paul was trained in theology, and I continue my training

Why are these important to know? Encouragement. It was the last 20 years of Paul's life that he had the most impact in his ministry. I'm excited at the thought of my next 20 years of ministry. My prayer is to be fruitful! A verse of Paul's that I love and relate to is Philippians 3:13-14, "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

I am thankful for the work the Lord has done in my heart, and how He continues to mold me. I pray you too have found encouragement to press on toward what is ahead in Christ. The outcome can only be good! I am 50 years old now, and will be leaving for my 2nd missionary journey to Ireland soon. God is never late!







1 comment:

  1. It is Satan who seeks to make us feel useless while God gives our life a sense of purpose & usefulness.

    ReplyDelete