Budget Tracker

Budget Tracker

Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Twenty Year Prayer

At the age of 16, I had the privilege of attending my first overseas mission's trip. It was in the beautiful country of England.  When I found out there was a mission's trip to Europe, I knew I had to go. I had a longing to see Europe ever since I was a young child listening to my grandpa's stories of WWII. I didn't care where in Europe; I just wanted to go. I was intrigued with culture.

During those 10 days in England, God began to deepen my longing from the landscape of Europe to the people who lived there. I remember after I came back home asking God, "how can I still be a part?" His simple answer was to pray, and pray particularly for the children of Europe.

Twenty years later, I am still praying for Europe. That question at 16, "how can I still be a part?", still resonates in my spirit. Only now, my part is not only prayer. God has brought our family through a journey to answer the call to serve the nation of Ireland. Excitement doesn't begin to express our feelings. We believe in a matter of weeks, our feet will walk on this great land as Missionary Associates! 

And what is God saying now...

As we were preparing for a service a few months ago, God showed me something about my years of praying. I was looking at a picture from Students for Christ (Europe's ministry to college students), when God reminded me how long I have been praying for Europe. He brought this thought, "the very people you have been praying for the past 20 years could be some of the very people you reach while you are in Ireland." This thought brought me to my knees yet again. I may never know until heaven what impact my twenty years of praying has brought, but I do know that God asked a young girl at the age of 16 from a small town in Oklahoma to begin praying. I know He is a God of purpose. I know that God has had a master plan from the beginning of time, and He has given our family the opportunity to minister in Europe for such a time as this. God is good!!


"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people." Ephesians 6:18

No comments:

Post a Comment